PROGRESS!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What it was SUPPOSED to be, and what it ACTUALLY is...

My plan for this post was to show you pictures of a lovely weekend I spent with my hubby and boys, topped off with bright green toenail polished painted by yours truly. But, I suck and I can't get blogger to let me show you the pictures. So, there it is. One day I will be able to get it together on the sharing pics on Blogger thing. That day is not today.
For now, you get this:
Stick Figures Clip Art
Awww, family time. Source
Well, it's here guys. My surgery is tomorrow morning. I am a mixture of emotions that I can't even put into words, so I'm not going to right now. I'm attempting to "just be" with me - this is of course, a lame-o attempt at not freaking out. It's semi-working.
I've decided to forego class tonight. I will go home after work, spend time with my guys and get some last minute stuff done. I will go to my committee meeting tonight, because it will be my last for weeks. I feel good about this decision.
As I have had no time to get to the gym, I have been incorporating body weight exercises into everyday activities. Squats and pushups are my mainstays. I am doing at least 100 of each per day. Feels good.
So.... the moment we all knew was coming. Results were better than I thought, but not exactly what I was going for.
Weigh in this morning: 181
This is my lowest adult weight. In that, I HAVE to rejoice. I have worked, and I continue to work for every damn pound. My goal was 175 for surgery, and I am 6 lbs shy.
But I cannot hate that I have lost 184 lbs total.
Wow. I just have to let that number sink in.
I know my next number goal… although I am going to continue to not allow the scale to dictate me and my emotions… my next number goal is to be down 200 lbs total… It’s hard to know when I will get there. The skin removal will help, but I don’t really know how much. Only time will tell.
My priority will be to continue to become the fittest, healthiest, happiest person I can be.
Anyway, I’m outta here. Hopefully I will be able to be up and about and I’ll blog a little something Thursday, just to let you know I’m alive. LOL.
Peace everyone. Peace.

12 comments:

  1. You're amazing, that's a stunning weight loss and you are rocking it! GOOD LUCK on your surgery, I will be sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mama!!! Please check in when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind-blowing, Kelliann. Will be thinking of you tomorrow & anxiously awaiting post-surgery update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck girl!! Can't wait to see some before and after surgery photos (you are taking before and after photos right?) Your loss is amazing, and you are going to rock your body with less skin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lucky lady! You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Thinking of you, hoping for a safe procedure and speedy recovery. I am amazingly inspired by all you have accomplished and continue to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap...184#'s!!! I mean, I knew you lost a ton of weight but I don't think I fully understood until reading this post. Amazing.

    Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! You are gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you!! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck tomorrow! I'm aiming to have skin removal surgery myself in the next year or two, so I'll be following you post op closely!

    ReplyDelete