PROGRESS!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend recap, and stuff you *might* not know about me

Weekend Recap and stuff you *might* not know



My weekend was not all that exciting, guys. Busy, of course, but nothing really new. I will share a few PR type things from Sunday’s workout, and what I’m eating today.



Saturday, I PR’ed my hex-bar dead-lift 205x1. Stoked! I went for 2, but the clock timed out and that damn beep skewed my focus. I think I could have done it. Next time, for sure


I did 3 pull-ups with a purple band and a black band. As a reference, I started out doing pull-ups with 3 black bands and a purple band. I was very happy to see this progress. At Bodyology, they encourage you to pull-up to the chest instead of just to the chin, so I’ve been working on that with my normal pull-ups.



I HATE front wracking weights for weighted squats. I feel so uncomfortable. I will take an 80lb goblet squat over 40lb on each shoulder any day. Just sayin’.



What I’m eating today:

Every once in a while, I’ll pop my daily menu on here. You won’t see it every day anymore. Mostly because I am removing my compulsion over food by being more chill about it. So, here is the menu for today. Any of you who have been reading me for a while know that I cook for the week, so this means that with very slight variation, this will likely be my menu for most of the week!



Coffee, coffee, coffee, with one packet of cocoa.
Pumpkin oatmeal (crock pot) with a handful of almonds.
Apple and 2 cheese sticks
Maybe some more coffee
Vegetable zucchini lasagna
Quiche
Chicken nuggets (home-made), more almonds
Something else, ‘cause I’ll be hungry after class, but not sure what yet. During class I will be taste-testing the recipes we make for our assignments.


You might notice this menu has a little less meat than normal. This is mostly because I had tons of frozen veggies in the house and it was more economical to make my lasagna vegetable instead of buying more meat. That’s what’s up, folks.



And yes, I still used zucchini instead of noodles. Not because I’m staying away from carbs (not at ALL! LOL), but because I really like it this way!



All over Facebook lately I have seen this “survey” type status. Apparently someone gives you a number, and you are “obligated” to then reveal that # of things people may not know about you. I have not been so “lucky” to be tagged. I’m kinda glad. On some boards I frequent, it’s become a “this is how bad my life is and you have no idea”. And then each tries to one up. Yuck. BUT – since this is a different kind if forum, I figured I’d give it a go.

So, here is my list of stuff you might not know about me. I don’t know how many there will be.

1. I love, love, love the smell of my laundry detergent. (Arm and Hammer – Fresh Scent, I think) I could smell it all day long and it makes me SO happy. The hubby took a picture of me last week with my face in a basket of clean laundry.



2. I also love the smell of musty, old houses. Maybe it reminds me of my Mima’s house. I loved my Mima’s “basement smell”.

3. I think about running away. A lot. But, you might already know that.

4. I once ripped off my big toe nail walking in a pair of crocks. It took over a year to grow back.

5. I have broken my left ankle 3 times, fractured it 2 times, sprained it a million times and finally had to have surgery to repair it. I don’t have fully mobility in it.

6. My mom is my best friend

7. I met my husband for the first time when I was 10 and he was 15. I had a huge crush on him when I was about 16 (high school), but we didn’t get together till I was 26.

8. The first time hubby said “I love you” I said “thank you”.



Alright, that’s it, because frankly, it’s not all the interesting. Hope all of you are hanging in there, and if anyone is reading from Illinois, Ohio, or any place dealing the tornados right now, my prayers are with you

No comments:

Post a Comment