PROGRESS!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Be realistic

"You need to be realistic" "Well, there is a lot of room for doubt in this plan". "This is going to take you FOREVER".

These are just a few of the comments I have received while chatting with friends and family about my new plan.
Don't get me wrong, 98% of the people I talk to say things like "That's awesome!" "good for you!". But it's always the nay-sayers that stick in your mind. I'm not going to let that happen. I have to try and do this. I have to at least research it enough and map out the course to see exactly HOW long it will take, and then make the final decision for MYSELF. It seems if I take a course or two every time they are offered, so, for example, at Gateway, you can take classes in the Fall, winter, Spring AND summer - not just Fall and Spring, then I can get things done faster. Of course, there is the financial aspect. Will I be able to afford to take them that often? That may depend on my job situation. I put in a call last Thursday to an office that has repeatedly told me "if you ever want to work full time, PLEASE call us, we want you here!" and have yet to receive a call back. This doesn't mean I won't get one, but I sure do need a backup plan as well. I can certainly always go back to the temp agency. But I am going to need to have a solid idea soon, because I will need to inform others about the plan as well. People depend on me, and I need to give them enough notice to be respectful.
OH - I have an appointment with one of my contacts in Monday! She said I could even could bring the kids! What a sweetie! Can't wait to throw all my questions at her! Woot!
These plans and thoughts are always circulating. I'll keep updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment