PROGRESS!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 - "Cleansing" away 2010

I am not a resolution maker. Resolutions are made to be broken. Goal creating is different, and I don't just utilize it in the new year. Goal creating should be an ongoing part of peoples lives, whether it's regarding work, family, health or anything else.
The only goal I have so far for 2011 is that it's going to be a better year than 2010.
Too much loss and too much grief have overshadowed the positives that have come from this year, like my beautiful son, Samuel.
One thing I am looking forward to is doing the Tuff Girl/Bodyology cleanse starting 1/9/11. It's not a crazy drink-only-juice, or eat-only-cabbage-soup, or starve-yourself-delirious kind of "cleanse". It's really just a get-rid-of-the-crap-you-have-consumed-over-the-holidays kind of plan. Without saying too much, out of respect for Christa Doran (www.tuffgirlfitnessct.com), it's a 13 day "clean" eating plan. A sensible, real food plan. No caffeine, no sugar, no processed foods. Will it be tough? yes. Will it be worth it? YES. I KNOW I will feel like a new woman after getting all the "holidays" out of my system. Is it the way I am going to eat forever? Maybe, but probably not. But I am hoping it will give me some great alternatives to the same-old foods I have been eating. Sound wonderful to you? Visit the site and sign up!!
I'm in the midst of my online Psych class and it is tough. Probably not the right class to take online my first time back to school in a long time, but it is what it is, and I have to do well. So, I am stressed, but I will endure, prevail, and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kell - You certainly will prevail. I was very sorry to hear about your Mema - I know that couldn't have been easy, but you pulled it together for your boys and I know you will continue on.

    Best wishes for your cleanse and getting a fresh start for 2011. You GO, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete