PROGRESS!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Revamp

Still working on the job front. Hoping to hear about an interview this week for a good position with Yale Transplant... cross your fingers!
I can't register until Jan 4 because I need to go on a payment plan for my classes this semester. The good thing is I contacted my advisor and she said she would sign me into Nutrition 1, if it is full by that point. Nice! Then, I can find something else to take, because I want to be at 6 credits.
I am beginning a revamp to my eating as well.
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten" - Anthony Robbins
I have been wondering why, with all my workouts, I haven't been losing weight. I mean really, it has taken me about 3 months to drop 10 pounds. Each one is a struggle. When I was at my boot-camp workout class yesterday, I was listening to some of the ladies talking about a clean-eating cleanse they have started. No pills, powders, juices - just real food, non-processed. No sugar, no caffeine, no CHEESE - ACK! I was going to do this cleanse - but frankly, I was afraid to give up the caffeine and cheese. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that my fear was exactly why I HAVE to do it. Tuff Girl Christa is running another one in January and I am on board. Before that, however, I am going to being weaning myself from some of these things.
At first I thought - no problem. I will start with taking out the sugar. I don't eat that much sugar - but as I can attest today, I must have been eating more than I thought. I was a raving lunatic. So, another few days of really taking out all the sugar (because that didn't QUITE happen today - although no "treat" sugars. I know that sounds like an excuse, but I have been really falling into the treat-a-day habit, so that was big for me). Then, on to the caffeine. I am trying to wean off gradually, since I value my families lives, and to quit cold-turkey would surely lead to blood-shed. Finally, cheese will be weaned as well. I have to replace this protein gap with more meats (organic) and fish. This is going to take some work, but I really understand now why I have to do it. My days are filled with caffeinated protein shakes and cheese - obviously the reason my body is rejecting weight loss.
Well, there is a lot to do. Today, I upped my water a lot, ran my 5K in my best time yet, and didn't let anything sway me from my workout. These are the things I am proud of today. There are some things I'm NOT proud of, but I am moving on from that.
Every moment is a new moment to make a good choice. Keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment