PROGRESS!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Getting back on the wagon

Everyone has had the experience of "falling off the wagon" whether it's with food, exercise, or anything else that requires discipline and focus. The last few days, I haven't been eating clean. I have fallen off my proverbial wagon. However, I feel really good about getting back ON that wagon. There was, however, things I didn't sacrifice. I went to an amazing sweat session at Bodyology (www.tuffgirlfitnessct.com) yesterday - worked my TAIL off, and actually strained a calf muscle (opposite leg as the last time) and even though I wasn't eating clean, I kept portions is very good order. This morning, since, even though my calf is feeling pretty good, I am going to a spinning class instead of running. Spinning is much less stress on this type of strain, but will be a seriously good workout.
I think the point I am trying to make is this: no one is perfect. Everyone has off days where we don't do the things we know we should to take care of our bodies. However, when you have good habits in place, things don't go as awry as they COULD, and it's easier to get moving in the right direction again.
Having an off eating day? Don't let it get out of control. Get out for a walk, get to the gym for a great workout. You WILL feel better. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment