PROGRESS!

Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm done. It's been an experience.

Hey peeps -

So, I have taken a really hard look at this blogging business and I've decided to stop blogging for a while. I'm not shutting down my page, but I am not going to be here reading, commenting, or updating.

I guess I'm just tired of so much negativity. Sometimes it's well meaning, sometimes it's helpful, but sometimes the stuff I read here is just mean, spiteful, cruel and un-needed. Since I wrote about re-prioritizing my life, it's been in the back of my head. Even when the negativity is not pointed at me, I feel it. I also start to worry it WILL be pointed at me, and frankly, I don’t need that kind of pressure from people I hardly know. I get it enough from myself! People have the right to put whatever they want on their own blogs, and I certainly don’t begrudge them that. So, that’s why I am taking a hiatus.

Look, I'll be honest. I don't know how long I'll stay away. Maybe I'll be dying to post next week. But the way I am feeling right now, it will probably not be anything I will be posting.

This blog is a nice outlet, but it does not keep me accountable for anything. Only I do that. So, I also don't want anyone to think I'm not posting because I'm off thigh-high in a chocolate cheesecake somewhere. I'm going to make my weight-loss and fitness goals regardless of writing them down here. I've come way too far not to keep going and get to where I want to be.

I have been changed by the people I have met through blogging. You are all in my thoughts and hearts in different ways. I wish you all peace, love, fitness, and happiness.
And one more sweaty pic for you, for good measure:

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Later blogging days, K. I will talk to you other ways. :) Take a break, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're giving more than you're getting out of blogging, it's prob best to give it a rest. I've cut way back lately, but do still enjoy the connection with all the friends I've made along the way. Whatever you choose to do, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelliann! Well, dang, I just met you! But the truth is that my fitness blog does not keep me accountable in any way either. Nobody can do that for us. It's a deeply personal thing.

    Perhaps, you can post--only when you feel like it. Wow, what an idea of having a blog that does NOT have posts on scheduled days of the week but is more impromptu.

    Trying hard not to sound like a yearbook signing here but--You're cool! Have a fab summer, and stay in touch!!!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me sad, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do and we all respect that.

    The negativity is always there and it'll never go away...unfortunately. It comes from within and, yea...it gets directed at other bloggers. It can definitely play with your head and cause all kinds of problems, too. I completely understand what you're talking about and I have the same anxiety you have about how you hope it doesn't get directed at you at some point. It's nerve racking and you get to the point of just waiting for it to happen because someone out there will think your plan isn't the right way or that you're not this or you're not that...it's torture. Shoot, I had a troll the other day and their comment is stuck in my head and causing all kinds of issues over it, too. :( I completely understand your attitude and I do love that you're stepping back and re-prioritizing to make sure you come out ahead.

    I'm very sorry that it got to you to the point where you had to step away, but you have to do what is best for YOU and that's all that really matters. I wish you the best of luck, you beautiful and inspiring strong, young woman. I hope to hear updates in the future if and when you're willing to share with your readers how you're doing. In the meantime, we'll miss you.

    Best of luck and happiness, Kelliann. :)

    ReplyDelete