PROGRESS!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Keep at it, and "stay-cation"

You guys who have been hanging out here for a while know me by now.

I freak out. I am dramatic. I am high-strung.

I know all these things about myself.

Then, I take a moment, and I let things marinate in my brain…

7 years.

It will take about 7 years for me to finish what I’ve started.

7 years that will go by anyway, regardless of my getting a degree or not.

So? What’s a girl to do?

This girl keeps at it. Even if it’s one class at a time (and with classes like microbiology and organic chemistry, that might just have to happen), this girl will keep going.

There will be tears. There will be stress and frustration.

But hey, No one ever said it would be easy. But it will be worth it.

I was sitting in class last night and I just kept thinking “Damn, I LOVE this stuff!” and I really, really do! So, if I really, really love it – I have to keep doing it! *DUH*

So, you’ll be hearing me bitch for the next 7 years… um, yeah, sorry about that.

Moving on to other things…

The fam and I are having a little “stay-cation” this weekend. Hubby and I took Monday off (and the kids are off anyway). We are planning very little to do. This is the first weekend in MONTHS we don’t have a huge schedule to cram.

We are going to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s “Out of the Darkness” walk tomorrow. We walk in honor and memory of my young cousin, Brian, who took his own life. We walk as a family. Although Thing 1 and 2 obviously don’t understand, but they will feel the love of our family, and the sadness of missing “Uncle Brian”

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment