PROGRESS!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Injury provoking pride?

I have to continuously remind myself that things happen for a reason. I may have lost the childcare I thought I had, but it's not going to stop me from doing what I need to do, and I may just help out someone else in the process. My only struggle still is finding a nursery school type environment for Josh to continue in once I go back to work. Will keep looking.
I applied for a few part time jobs at Yale today. Part time would actually be idea - I would still bring in enough money to pay for classes - PLUS I would get to see the kids and have time for homework. This would be good. However, if I am offered a full time job, I'm going to jump all over it.
I pulled a calf muscle yesterday during Groove Class, which made me more mad than hurt. I couldn't finish the class, but the instructor told me to elevate and ice it. I did that and it feels much better today. I did a workout home tonight that involved normal use of the muscle and a little stretching and it feels good. Tomorrow, I will return to Groove Class and hope for the best. I've never gotten an exercise related injury before, and even though it was so minor, I felt sort of proud of it. I didn't twist an ankle because I was too heavy for my poor joints to carry me, or strain something just by walking because my muscles were stressed from the weight. It's different, and even though it's sore, I don't mind it at all.
I've enrolled in my accelerated Psych class, which I might have already mentioned, and I have already gotten moving on my reading. It's taken me 3 days to get through chapter 1. This does not bode well. I need to establish a scheduled time of day when I can get away from the kids, and really concentrate on reading and studying, or this is never going to happen in 2.5 weeks. I'll get it done, come Hell or high water.

No comments:

Post a Comment