PROGRESS!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have some thoughts on Thanksgiving this year. Almost every other year, Thanksgiving would be a day of gorging, starving myself all day until eating in the afternoon. Eating as much as you can with wild abandon. Sometimes, not even really tasting it - but eating because it was the holiday to do so. This year, I am determined to make Thanksgiving what it SHOULD be. A day where I give thanks to those who help me everyday, who are part of my life and make it special. I am so blessed to have so many in my life who love and support me. I plan on celebrating them by telling each of them what they mean to me. Giving thanks has nothing to do with pumpkin pie and stuffing. It has to do with telling the people who are important to you how special they are while you can. If this last year has taught me anything, it's that you never know when it will be your last chance to tell someone you love them. Tell them everyday, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment