PROGRESS!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Triggers

For all of you following along, you have probably realized by now that this blog is not JUST about my career change, but my total life change. These changes are not something that change, and then are done. I have to think about them, and work on them every day. It can be exhausting, and I feel like I find another obstacle everyday. However, I am trying to see these obstacles and stumbles as learning experiences. Today is a good example.
I am sick. I haven't been sick in a LONG time (thank God!) But I now realize what a trigger it is to bad eating and no exercise. Now, I'm not making excuses, but who wants to exercise when they are sick? No one I know, so frankly, I'm not too mad at myself for that. However, with a throat on fire, head pounding, PLUS still needing to work and have a job interview today - I have not eaten well today. It started with lack of planning. I didn't plan and bring enough food with me to keep me from being hungry until I got home. On the way home, I got suckered in (very easily, I might add) to stopping for cupcakes by my 3 year old. When we got home, I was so tired and sore, all I wanted was something homey and hot for dinner. Soup. Creamy and yummy. Anthony went out for me and got some fresh bread and some potato cheddar soup. Not the best choice, but boy did it feel good on my throat. Fatty soup, check. Loads of bread, check. Cupcake, Check. Lack of water, check. Loads of caffeine, check. *sigh*. It's amazing what I allow my inner fat girl to convince me of when I am in a weakened state (I know, how dramatic).
It teaches me such a valuable lesson. When a little something changes for me in my normal daily routine, I use it as an excuse to make not-great choices. This was typical of my old life. Any little excuse - I took it. "It's not MY fault, I was SO stressed..." etc. What I need to remember is that making these choices are not going to make things any better. Will my cold go away faster? No way. In fact, in anything, being unhealthy has proven, for me, that it LENGTHENS my illnesses. Duh?
Well. It's just another day. And, as I always say - every moment is a new moment to make a good choice. My next moment, which is now, I choose to drink down some water to start flushing out my sodium packed soup. Tomorrow, as long as I am feeling a little better, will be a hardcore gym day, and a normal eating day.
Speaking of normal eating, I have thoughts on our upcoming holiday - Thanksgiving. See my next post if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment