PROGRESS!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

T-2 Days!

I was very proud this morning to wake up and see my “story” had been printed in HoneyBee’s blog. She reached out to me a few months ago, and frankly, it took me a while to get it together. Telling my “story” is not easy… or rather, condensing my story is not easy. As I have been revealing in the past few posts, my weight “story” practically began at birth.

It’s Thursday and it’s T-2 Days till the Rugged Maniac. Typing that gave me the unmistakable butterflies I have been feeling on and off all week. I am a team of one. There is no one to lean on. There is only me.

I’ve been practicing some self talk for the starting line, and planning my warm-up session very carefully. I know, it sounds silly. But I have been thinking of some power statements that might help psych myself up for the start. Things like:

“You’ve got this. You are a machine”
“You are a beast”
“One step at a time”
“You are strong”
“You are powerful”
“You can do this”
“Focus”
“In it to the end”

I feel silly typing these out. But the focus they create when I say them to myself is undeniable. It takes me from wanting to give up in the middle of something to pushing through to the end. If you have never used power statements before, just give it a try. I pick a focus point, stare at it and talk to myself.

A little prayer won’t hurt either. J

I got an e-mail from the RM which said:

This course is twisting and full of hills, measuring just over 3.1 miles and packed with more than 25 obstacles. You will climb over massive dirt dunes, crawl through dark and winding tunnels, and hurdle fire. We redesigned our wall obstacles to be even more challenging and you will face a massive two-story cargo climb in prime view of spectators. The weather will be sunny, reaching highs in the low to mid 70s around midday; perfect for racing and grabbing a cold Harpoon afterwards.”

**GULP**.
Speaking of which, I think I’ll be happy as long as I don’t get hurt! My knee is doing a lot better, but I just don’t want to screw it up and get off my game.

I PRed my dead lift last night 190x5 reps. Very please with myself!

I’m headed to school after work for an exam for Nutrition III… I can hardly think about it with so much other stuff going on. “Fiddler” opens this weekend and I have to be there to help. RM Saturday, interview candidate on Saturday and hear him preach on Sunday.

And I gotta be honest. I’ve been trying to ignore it, but my chest is getting tight and I’m starting to cough a little. I’m not going to ignore it any more. After my exam, I am ducking out of class, headed to get some vitamin C and home to sleep. Hoping this does NOT come to a head.

OK, guys – I’m out.

No comments:

Post a Comment