PROGRESS!

Friday, April 4, 2014

A peek into my diet

Friday again! Thank GOD!

I'm excited because Hubby and I are celebrating my birthday tomorrow! He has a surprised planned for me in the late morning, and then my mom is taking the boys and we have the whole evening to ourselves! I'm really excited to feel like I have a "day off". I'm debating an early visit to the gym, but we will see.

I'm sitting at work today and it's quiet. I am GRATEFUL it's quiet, but it certainly makes for a long day. Friday's always feel long though, don't they? *sigh*

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, and honestly, I don't know what to expect. I am terrified that for some reason I will see a gain. I can't imaging why that would be, but we all know that the scale can sometimes be a liar.

I would love to see a loss, of course, but I also know, from past experience, that sometimes I see the scale stays the same for a week, and then I drop more the next week. Consistency. Staying the course. It's hard, especially when you don't see (number) results, but it will be worth it. I know I am doing good things for my body. 

Here's a sample of what I am eating today:

M1: 2 eggs, hard boiled, 1 chicken sausage. Sometimes a serving of PB (yes, right off the spoon, lol) if I know that I will need help getting my "fat number" where it should be.

M2: "easy buffalo chicken" - 4 oz ground chicken breast cooked in olive oil, Frank's Red Hot, some melted cheese cooked in (regular) and mixed with about 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt. Today it's topped with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup steamed broccoli. That's a lot of food!

M3: large piece of quiche, 6 oz plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup blueberries

M4: Large salad with oil and vinegar dressing, 1 whole can of tuna mixed in. Almonds, olives, and tons of veggies. 

Sometimes I have to throw in a protein shake mixed with water, or sometimes blended with PB or almond butter to get my protein and fat numbers. Today, it looks like I'll be in a good range without that.

If I workout that day, I throw more carbs in after my workout. In general, I'm keeping carbs in the later part of the day as well.  I am keeping those carbs to potatoes (sweet and white), rice (brown), quinoa, oats, beans, etc. Whole foods.

My calories are running around 1650, protein around 130-140, fat around 90-100 and carbs under 110 (I'm usually around 90-100)

I'm feeling good. Yes, I crave some pizza and chocolate stuffs, but it's in control. I am grateful for that. 

So, that's a little peek! 

What's on your agenda this weekend?

Keep moving forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment