PROGRESS!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cleanse Day 1

Ugh.
Ok, Cleanse day one. My first sensation is that I am extremely tired. Of course, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, but usually I could stifle that with a ton of caffeine. Not today. I am going cold turkey on it, for no other reason than that the only way I drink it is with a lot of artificial sweetener, which is a no-no for the next 13 days. Therefore - why bother? I DID take some Tylenol to stave off the headache that was beginning to lurk behind my eyes.
Even though I am tired, I am going to the gym in a bit. Sam is teething, which presents a whole other set of issues to deal with today. That on it's own would sometimes prompt me to eat in an unhealthy manner to deal with the stress. Not today. However, a nap later on might be JUST what the doctor ordered. I better take them now - I think I would get fired for that once I start working!!!
So far to eat I have had what I can Nutty Monkey Oatmeal: 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup water, nuked for 3 minutes. 1/2 mashed up banana, 1 tbs natural peanut butter and a little cinnamon later, it was really yummy. And I'm not normally an oatmeal fan! That was about 2 hours ago and I am already feeling hungry, so I may have some carrots and hummus before the gym. Sounds like a plan.
I'll be reporting back later on any and all changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment