PROGRESS!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ready, Set, CLEANSE

I know I have mentioned this cleanse before, and I am starting it tomorrow and wanted to elaborate on it a bit.
This is NOT some crazy juice-only-till-you-pass-out thing. It uses all REAL food. You can look at my Peapod receipt. I'm not kidding. It's just very CLEAN foods. Lots of veggies, whole grains like quinoa and couscous. Lean, organic meats, and beans. No caffeine, no dairy, no sugar. Yikes!
I know that the first few days will be the hardest - mostly planning ahead and preparing all the meals, and of course, the caffeine addict headache that will inevitably strike by noon tomorrow. I am very excited to expand my way of eating. This will probably not be the way I eat all the time (but, then again, who knows!) but I think it will teach me a lot about myself. How to push past being uncomfortable when I know just a little caffeine will take it away, not loading up everything I eat with low fat cheese... just to name a few. I know I can do it. It's the same feeling as when I am pushing myself on the treadmill - one more minute, one more song, one more mile...
So, I am looking forward to the challenge, and to the reward of feeling more energized, lighter, freer and...who knows! I'll *try* to blog everyday about the challenges and insights I face during the next 13 days. Should be quite a ride!
On the job front - things are looking up in the employment department. I can't say too much, but I expect I will be working within the next 2 weeks.
Finishing up my very first class towards my new degrees, new career, new life. It was a tough one - Psychology in 2.5 weeks - what was I thinking? It's not quite over, and I still have a lot of work to do, but, I'll get it done. There is no other option.

No comments:

Post a Comment