PROGRESS!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cleanse Day 4

They say that on day 4 - you see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. You feel lighter, happier, cravings have subsided and your body begins to thank you instead of hate you for putting REAL food into it. Well, it's day 4 folks. I am not really experiencing any of that. However, there are a lot of reasons for that. Things are pretty stressful around here. Sick kids up during the night = not a lot of sleep, sick mama = cranky mama, no money in bank account = pissed off mama, husband surgery = stressed out mama.. this is a mama that used to use a LOT of food to cope with the everyday. I CRAVED it. I NEEDED it. Now, this is certainly a day I would enjoy a Click Shake, or 2, but I'm simply not doing it.I'm not actually craving it, it's just HABIT. I am clean eating. End of story. Will a Click shake make me feel any better? Will it put money in my bank account? Will it make hubby be safe tomorrow? Will it cure my cold, or my kids colds? Nope. Won't do any of that. Frankly, at this point, it would probably give me the jitters, since I've been totally off caffeine for 4 days. So, in reality, eat anything unhealthy will only CONTRIBUTE to my stress. NOT take away. So, am I cranky? Yes. But, I'm not going to take it out on myself. I'm not going to put crap in my body and make myself feel worse. In the words of Christa Doran (www.tuffgirlfitnessct.com) "Eat like crap, feel like crap, look like crap".
And with that, I'm signing off and going to get some more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment