PROGRESS!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I don't know about all of you, but the weekends are super tough to stay in control of. I remember back in the day when the hubs and I used to make weekend plans based on where we were going to eat. We would eat out or order in probably all weekend long. That was a long time ago, but. The habits of wanting to indulge out on the weekends still linger.
These are the battles so many of us face. So many times I have given in to those "oh, its just for today" temptations... Adding thousands of calories to my plan in just one day.
Well, though I felt tempted to get a mocha at Starbucks, I got a cup of tea. No snack. No junk food pick up when we stopped at Target for diapers and birthday cards. No lunch out. I stayed the course. Maintained my focus. I am very proud.
I am battling a little this evening as well. As we relax (rare) I crave some mindless eating. So, I talk to myself:
"are you actually hungry?"
"you are at your calorie limit for today. Just relax. Wait and have that snack/food tomorrow"
Talking to myself, telling myself to stay relaxed has really been working well for me. I find I get anxious about food that I "can't" have... And that anxiousness makes me want to eat even more. Oh, the mind of a food/sugar addict is never boring, kids.
Anyway, the idea of taking one day at a time, one pound at a time is helping as well. Tomorrow morning is weigh in, but I am just concentrating on finishing out today totally on plan. Tomorrow, my attitude will be the same - just one day at a time.
Speaking of tomorrow, I am going to my cousins baby shower. Parties are always tough, because you never know what's going to be there to eat. I'll be leaving the house at about 10:30 and probably won't return till late afternoon. The good news about this is my cousin is a very healthy eater, so it would be very shocking if there wasn't salad and lean protein. I am sure. I will have some healthy, on plan choices, but I will work very hard to stay away from the other options that will not help me achieve my goals. I think I will be talking to myself a lot tomorrow. Lol
I will post my weigh in tomorrow. I hope it's as good as I anticipate.
How is everyone else faring? Keeping focused?

2 comments:

  1. http://believingitspossible.blogspot.com/2011/10/heaven-from-down-under.html

    This blog might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a serene weigh-in today!

    Jane~
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

    ReplyDelete