PROGRESS!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 DAYS, BITCHES!!!

It's 5 days till the Rugged Maniac

Confession: I am very, very nervous.

So nervous, that at around 12:30 last night, laying in bed, I decided not to do it.

Then, I decided to do it

Then, I decided not to do it...

you get the picture.

Of course, I am still doing it. I will likely change my mind 10 or 15 times. Today.

But seriously. I am so nervous, it's affecting my stomach. Ugh.

We are doing it as a team. What if I can't keep up? What if I am holding people back? What if I can't do the obstacles?

I will be mortified.

So, I have to think about all the shit I spewed out here yesterday.

Am I doing this FOR ME? Or for someone else?

What are MY expectations? Or am I doing this under someone ELSE’s expectations?

Alright - YES, I am doing it for me. Because I wanted to challenge myself to do something I have never done. I have no preconceived notions on finishing in a specific time...just finishing. I would really LOVE to do all of the obstacles. I am PLANNING on doing ALL of the obstacles.

What if I can't?

Well, that's a decision I will have to make when the time comes, and if it happens, it happens. Doing it is supposed to be FUN. An experience. Not a chance to beat myself up if it doesn't happen perfectly.

I gotta say, I'm lacking a little in the family support on this race. Hubby's "not sure if he wants to go" so I may be making the 1.5 hr drive to Southwick, MA on my own, navigating the crowds on my own, driving home on my own, etc. At least I have my team to do the actual race with.

This is very disappointing. Sure, this weekend is the closing weekend of the show, and I know he will be tired, but this is so incredibly important to me. *sigh*

Alright, eats for today:

BB: 1 scoop click, ½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (this is awesome, but I have a hard time finding it all the time. BE SURE IT’S UNSWEETENED!) water, ice
B: pumpkin oats, 2 tbs natural PB
L: zucchini lasagna
S: 100gm sweet potato, 1 oz cabot, approx 4 oz hot salsa
S: banana (right before class)
D: not sure – Norma posted a fab recipe from Oxygen Mag – and I think I have all the ingredients. It will either be tonight or tomorrow night, with maybe a salad for tonight (since it’s a school night)

Last night, rocked 30 minutes kickboxing at about 8:30 – dinner wasn’t till after 9, but whatever. It is what it is.

Today, took a speedy 25 minute walk after scarfing down lunch. Heart rate up a little, a little sweat (AKA Liquid Awesome) and fresh air. Nice.

Tonight: 30 minutes of something sweaty… get your minds out of the gutter.

It’s amazing how the mind plays tricks on you. I had convinced myself that any workout that wasn’t at LEAST 45-60 minutes was worthless…. Therefore I found myself feeling like I “couldn’t find time” to workout in this crazy schedule I have concocted.

Oh man, really? How could I forget that you can work your ASS off hardcore in 30 minutes? I don’t know.

But, no worries. I’m back from that shit.

Keep moving forward!

6 comments:

  1. I think the thing to keep in mind about Rugged Maniac, Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, etc., is that it's more of an event than a race. And even if it was a race, you're not there to try and win. Just to do your best and show the world what you're capable of. You're going to do amazingly well, I just know it! :) Can't wait for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of it being more of an "event" than a race... Just keep going, and do all you can. I can't wait for the recap either! LOL

      Delete
  2. I never realized you live fairly close to me...interesting...hmmmm.... ;-) I may organize some alternative convention to "fitbloggin" next year, you know, one where the participants actually DO WORK....

    Listen, I can point you to a million links and my own experience that say it is NOT the length of the workout but the INTENSITY that counts. A 30-minute non-stop HIIT workout or 30 minutes of REAL (appropriate to your level, of course), tough weightlifting is going to make your body adapt and respond so much more than an hour stroll or half-assing it with the 5 lb pink Barbie dumbbells for an hour. I have posted a lot of 10-15 minute HIIT @home/minimal equipment/"blast" type workouts (mostly from The Angry Trainer on youtube) that can be done anytime, anywhere...fitness doesn't necessarily = gym rat; it's not about face time. It is about consistency, frequency and intensity more than it is about hours spent doing reps that aren't really that hard or zoning out on the treadmill. Just make those minutes COUNT and it's all good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Angry Trainer!!!
      I'm making them count, for sure!
      :-) :-)

      Delete
  3. YOU, my internet friend, are going to be AWESOME. And I know how you feel, before I did Warrior Dash I was super nervous, but once I got there, I realized that it was totally not what I expected (in a good way!) nobody is paying attention to you at all and you will be able to keep up with your team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! I am hoping you are right... I still have my 365 lb mentality sometimes - the one where there is NO WAY I would be able to keep up... I gotta let that go, though, and "Just do it!"

      Delete