PROGRESS!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SUCE Challenge Day 2

I think it's hilarious that that acronym for my Super Ultra Clean Eating Challenge looks strikingly like the word SUCK.

SUCE=SUCK = hilarity.

Ok, it's not really that bad right now. Yesterday was pretty horrible. Metal spikes searing into my brain is an accurate description of how I felt by the end of Day 1.
Awesome.

It's pretty incredible actually - I had no idea how much of the artificial stuff I was really consuming until I cut it out totally, and frankly, I'm missing it. But, I KNOW it's so much better for me to be without, and I ALSO know that this "missing it" feeling will pass, once it's all outta my system. (right?? lol)

Let's talk about caffeine for a moment. I really don't have a problem with caffeine. I didn't start this challenge in order to specifically get rid of caffeine. It came along for the ride because most of the caffeine I was consuming was through diet soda or my morning Click protein coffee. I have NEVER liked regualr coffee or plain tea. Well, this morning I decided to try a little plain tea and surprisingly it was pretty good!

A little caffeine for the one cup of tea - seems like a nice happy medium to me. What do you guys think? Is this "excuse making" or "balance"?

I'm still logging all of my food, to keep my calories in check, but I don't see that as being a problem.

Eats for today:

B: Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal ( 1/2 cup plain oats, cooked in microwave for 2 minutes with 1/4 cup unsweetnend almond milk. After it's cooked, added 2 tbs (yes, 2!) of natural pb, and 1/2 cup of strawberries I had pulsed up in the food processor. Came out very good, if I do say so myself)
S: banana
L: large salad with 2 tbs less-oil dressing (homemade), 3/4 cup 2 bean vegetarian chili and 1/2 sweet potato. (Holy crap, I am stuffed)
S: Don't think I'll need one, but I have a meatloaf muffin...
D: Veggie and egg scramble with spinach, peppers, tomatoes, a little corn, and maybe a little salsa thrown in with 2-3 egg whites. A little seasoning
S: Apple

Total calories before dinner and apple is 872...

I'm trying to shove the water in, but I feel really bloated, and frankly, I look a little pregnant. But, I am constantly sipping to try and get it all in.

Gym later. Cook later. Sleep later...

Going strong... or, at least, going! :-)

2 comments: