PROGRESS!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Registration and running

So, tomorrow is the beginning of registration for Gateway, and I plan on being there bright and early to get into this online psych class. I am excited to get all the info. I would love to get the text and start reading before hand, since the whole class takes place in 2.5 weeks. Whew. It's still a little nerve wracking to be starting this whole thing, but I'm diving right in. I can't let fear of the unknown hold me back from what I really want to do.
I think what makes me the most nervous about this change is that I still have some much to do myself. Should I really be telling people how to eat, move, feel better about themselves, change their lives, when I, myself need to continually re-learn the same things? Is it fair to teach and give advice on things I still need to learn and get advice on? I have a lot to learn, and that's why I am going back to school. I have to just take it one day at a time.
On a personal note. My beloved grandmother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, with mets to the brain and possibly liver. She is undergoing radiation for the tumors in her head, but is most likely not a candidate for chemotherapy for her lung. Therefor, it will go untreated. We don't know how much time she has. Sometimes when I am on the treadmill and I am going into a sprint, or an incline interval, I think about her and her frailty and I run for her. I run for the running she will be unable to do ever again. I run to make her proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I give piano lessons and take piano lessons. You know from what you do already that it is okay to be a teacher and a student simultaneously forever. And you know that the things you tell your students are things you are still working on; that's okay, too! Don't doubt yourself here - your enthusiasm and compassion and encouragement and experience are all valuable to other people, even while you still need them yourself. That's just life!

    So many hugs for everything else!

    ReplyDelete