PROGRESS!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"If you are sick of starting over, you have to STOP QUITTING"

I had a rough day yesterday, due to what turned out to be my very first migrane. Woh. Holy crap. I ended up leaving work early and going home to lie down. I had to go to class, because I had an assignment due, so I got through that, and finally, after sleeping last night, it is gone. *whew*!
I'm workin' the TDD challenge. Yesterdays horrible headache made me want to reach for the comfort food. So, last night, I made myself a list of WHY I am doing this. It seems I can forget those reasons ALL too easily, and drown out that voice with the one that says "You'll NEVER get there! Just GIVE IT UP!".
Here are SOME of the things on my list... some other things are just for *my* eyes...
Why I continue on my path to weight loss, health, and wellness
- I have come TOO FAR to give up so close to my dream goal.
- I am be a positive influence on my kids
- I FEEL GOOD and STRONG when I am eating well and moving my body
- I want to treat my body well

These are just a few. I made a lengthy list and I am keeping it on me all the time. When my brain starts the inevitable battle, I can refer to it and regain my sanity.
I have 2 quotes inspiring me today. I printed them out and hung them in my little cubicle at work so I can see them all day:

"If you are sick of starting over, you have to STOP QUITTING"

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goals. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach".

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there and thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate your comment. So glad you like the quote: "If you are sick of starting over, you have to STOP QUITTING" Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete