PROGRESS!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whew! Feeling better, and weigh in results

Whew! Ok, I am feeling *LOTS* better! After I wrote yesterday I decided to really focus on drinking water and put a little food in my belly. When I realized it didn't hurt after eating and drinking and I was actually beginning to feel better - well, it was all sunshine and roses from there.

Well, maybe not quite, but you get my drift.

Tonight, training session at Tuff Girl - bands and discs. This is one of those workouts I tend to shy away from, because it exposes my terrible balance and lack of core strength. Therefore, I thought it was important to put it in the schedule.
For those who may not know about discs:

Yes, they look innocent enough. But damn, they work you like crazy. You can do moves like this:

They are also used for things like side lunges, mountain climbers, ab saws, body drags, just to name a few.

Frankly, I am still working on keeping myself up on them when I am in plank. Those bitches are slippery! (Um, Duh Kel)

So, I will work my ass off tonight - yes, literally.

I wrote a little about my next adventure, which will be running a "Rugged Maniac" 5K in MA in September. Check out the trailer HERE
It's going to be awesome, but I have a lot of work to do. But I have 9 months. I was thinking that to myself the other day, and I thought "9 months - well, in 9 months you can make a whole new person" (actually thinking about pregnancy) but it's really true - I can make myself a whole new person in 9 months. A person who is strong enough to conquer craziness like this mud-run. Not just conquer it, but have FUN doing it!

Ok, so, on to the weigh in. This morning the scale said..............
217

So, that would be a 5 lbs loss from last week. It could be a little less because of being sick. But, just as a marker, I weighed myself yesterday morning and it read 211, because of the drastic amount of fluid I had lost from being sick. It is because of this gage that I think 217 might be about right. I am going to check again on Friday to make sure I'm not too off.

But, can I just take a moment and say: SWEET

Ok peeps - I'm out for now. Maybe back later. Keep strong, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment