PROGRESS!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Working it, and moving forward...

Ok, let us recap, and then plan for the weekend.
I ran last night-Day. 3 of my C25K. I was walking out to my running spot, and I was thinking over and over "i really don't want to do this tonight. It's cold, dark and I'm tired" even as I was saying it, I began to run. Just Freakin' Do It.
Day 3 consists of a 5 minute warm up, 8 sets of running for 1 minute and walking for 1.5 minutes, then 5 minute cool down. I decided I would try to push a little harder. I ran for 10 extra seconds each running stint, and then in the last run/walk section, I ran the whole thing heading into the cool down. I really felt good. I stretched out noticed right away that my legs were going to be super sore. And yes, they are today. But, I know it's worth it.
Today was a challenge for food. A challenge that I conquered. I am out of my beloved Click, and this afternoon, I had no "go-to" snacks to combat the goodies that were put out in the office. It was a little tough, but I resisted. It felt really great, and honestly, it lead to a very strange realization. I was thinking about it later... And I really had to think hard "wait...DID I eat something this afternoon?" I felt... Good. Fine. I didn't have any anxiety, or urge to eat everything in my path. I just felt... Normal. It made me wonder for a split second if I had eaten something to give me that calm feeling. Sugar usually does that. It takes the edge off the nerves, soothes the anxiety. So, when I didn't feel these things, I thought for a moment I had actually eaten something! Ok, I know this is probably only making sense in my own head, so I'll let it drop.
Anyway, dinner tonight was a fabulous salad, and topped off with some fresh chocolate protein donuts with some natural peanut butter. Drank tons of water today... And frankly, I'm ready for bed.
I have a workout at Bodyology in the morning, and unfortunately, it's supposed to start snowing at around dawn. This is not going to stop me from going to the workout, and their policy is "we don't close" lol. So, it might be a small but mighty class... But all the better! I'm ready to challenge myself.
Tomorrow is also a special day for another reason...one I cannot disclose until tomorrow in case someone reads this before the surprise. But all I can say is I am so giddy for this day. I really hope the snow doesn't screw everything else up.
I'm not nearly as nervous about weekends as I used to be in regards to staying on track. I feel confident in my plan and even though tomorrow throws me off my game a little, I feel totally confident I will be able to make it work perfectly.
Feeling confident and in control! Soldier on everyone! Be strong! Be courageous! Just Do It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to hear the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait for the surprise! "Feeling confident and in control" That is the BEST!! I am striving for that .. it's been a bit of a struggle lately... thanks for the motivation!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete