PROGRESS!

Monday, March 19, 2012

There's no crying! There's no crying in... weightlifting??

I had to do a double post today to tell you about my Saturday work out. I was back at Tuff Girl after 2 weeks of being away, and boy, was I in for it.

The set-up for this was different. There were 3 sections - weights, cardio, and TRX:

Each station had 3 different exercises that you needed to complete 2 times. For example, on the weights, you completed 20 Romanian Dead Lifts, 20 Surrenders and 20 Pushups. Then you do it again. You needed to do all of this in 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wherever you are in the cycle (preferably DONE), you moved on to the next section.

This *looked* way too innocent to be good.

Well, what it comes down to is this: I cried. I cried IN the workout. Halfway through. Not even at the END, my friends. Half. Way. Through.
Did I mention the F Bombs? The vulgarity flying from my mouth?

Yeah, there was that too.

It was amazing tourture.

I was in pain yesterday. I am in pain today. I planned on a run this evening, and I think I need to downgrade it to a walk. It will still happen, however.

It was very different to be counting reps as opposed to telling myself "You can do it for 40 seconds. You can do ANYTHING for 40 seconds" and just giving it your all. There is a whole different kind of mental toughness needed. Thus, the crying.

Luckily, I wasn't the only one.

I finished all of my reps. It took me the longest in my group, but I did it. The last set of chest presses on the TRX, I finished my last 5 right after the beeper went off. But I needed to finish those last 5.

Ouch.

Sometimes I think I only have this toughness when I am around that kind of energy. Or maybe it's that I don't want to look like an ass in front of everyone else working so hard.

So, that is my workout recap. Yesterday I could hardly walk, so chasing after the boys in the park was quite enough activity for me. I am really looking forward to summer when I can get back to Tuff Girl 2x per week.

And, as sick as it sounds, I REALLY mean that!

No comments:

Post a Comment