PROGRESS!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday update

In the past, reviewing the past few days, I would have said I had given up. That I was on a downward spiral - determined to gain back the 157 lbs I have lost. But, I know better... right?
The little demons took over this weekend (no, not my children...they have control ALL the time). I ate junk. I did no "exercise". (I did get out and leisurely walk on Saturday, but I don't count that). I was tired. Not just "sleepy" tired, but tired of thinking about cooking and working out. Not only that, but housework suffered as well. I was tired of living my everyday life, and I simply let some things go. Now, I have no idea if that actually helped - but I am NOT feeling sick anymore. I woke up yesterday morning sans sore throat, sans stuffy nose. Same today. NOT that eating poorly leads to feeling better - I know this is NOT the case! HOWEVER, I wonder if letting go of the stress of things may have helped me over that last sick hurdle. I'm unsure, but grateful.
Still eating crap, so my tummy is rebelling against me - rightfully so. The good news in this is that I am getting my groceries (delivered) tonight, so I will have new healthy pickings to fill my lunch bag with, and to throw together for dinners.
I am actually beginning to grow tired of the yucky food I'm consuming. It's really becoming un-appealing. I will be taking that feeling and running with it. Literally and figuratively. Trying to decide if it’s a good idea to run my 5K on Saturday morning… have to think on that a bit more.
I have an exam tonight AND presentation AND a presentation on Wednesday night. Whew! I’ve already registered for summer and fall classes. Now, I just have to figure out how to pay for them…
My birthday looms in 3 days. I don't think about it much anymore, since Thing 1's B-day is the 13th, and I focus on him. So, I don't really know how to feel about it. It just... is. 33. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment