PROGRESS!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back in the saddle again...

I did it. I worked out last night, and for a very funny reason.
I walked in from work about 5PM, Josh comes bolting toward me, throwing himself on me. Sam is kicking around, laughing away, the hubs is cooking some turkey burgers for dinner. Nice. Josh almost immediately tells me he wants to do an exercise video with me (he sees me doing them all the time) He takes out his little bean-bag weights and starts lifting them - "check out my muscles, Mama!" he yells, so proud. He couldn't be cuter, so I promised him we would do a workout video after Sammy was in bed. So, that's what we did. Of course, he took part in approx 5 minutes of it, and I finished out the 45. By 25 minutes in, he wanted me to stop and color, but I reminded him that HE had wanted to do this, and that I had to finish it!


He joined in with me on the "fun" parts (kicks, jump rope etc) but mostly laid on my exercise mat and watched me. No matter - he moved a lot, and got me to move too. Kids are amazing, it's almost like they sense what you need, without even knowing it. So, I got in a good 45 minute workout last night and plan on walking on lunch today.
I woke up with a sore throat. I am currently ignoring it, because there is no possible way on God's green Earth that I could be coming down with anything else. End of story.

1 comment:

  1. Your story is adorable. Kudos on completing the 45 minute workout!

    ReplyDelete