PROGRESS!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The beauty in thunderstorms

Well, I did it. I went to the track workout last night. I was seriously near vomiting - and that was BEFORE I started and was because I was SO NERVOUS.

WHY was I nervous? Remember I was a fat kid, so I still have those last-one-around-the-track, getting-laughed-at (nightmares) memories floating around in my head. I probably weigh less now than I did at the end of elementary school.

Ok, it probably wasn't THAT bad, but you get the idea.

So, the track workout was intense. It started with some jogging to warm up, and stretching. Then, 5 minutes of bleacher sprints. 10 pushups. partner band runouts. 10 pushups. Then we ran the track twice - running on the curves, sprinting and skipping on the lengths. 10 pushups. 5 minutes of bleacher sprints. 10 pushups.
I came in dead. last. on the track runs. This was the worry. But in the end, who freaking cares? I still did it. I did every freaking skippy-sprinty second of it. I was practically heaving after the 2nd set of bleacher sprints.

AND I KICKED ASS. End of story.

The moral: All fear does is get in your way. Don't let it. Be a Champion.

Food. Going well. I bumped up my calories on intense workout days. Only by about 100 calories, which is like one small extra snack. I really think it's needed on these days.

Eats for today:
1 scoop Click, 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened), water, ice - awesome caffeine boost. I'm simply not worried about this part of my day anymore. Just freaking do it.
B: 1.5 servings red pepper spinach quiche
S: 1 oz cabot 75% red fat cheese
L: 1.25 cups sweet potato black bean chili
S: banana
D: 4 oz buffalo shredded chicken over large veggie salad
S: ? apple likely

Weigh in will be Saturday. I have no expectations. I was sick, and although my food was right on, my exercise suffered for a few days. I also had a big loss last week. No expectations. Just keeping on the straight and narrow.

We are slated to have some severe weather here late this afternoon into the night. Thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, the whole 9. I'm hoping it's not as bad as they say, but I wouldn't mind a good thunder storm. Thunderstorms can be scary for some, but I find them fascinating. When you give up the fear, you can see the beauty. :-)

4 comments: