PROGRESS!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Breath in.... Breath out...

So, Tuesday has come and is on it's way to being gone. June 21, the longest day of the year. I was home today with a sick Thing 1 - although, thank God for antibiotics, he's already feeling MUCH better. I realize I sounded like a really whiney Mc-Whinerson yesterday. I am really grateful for my job and most of the time I am proud of what I do. But, I don't have a very thick skin for people being mean to me when all I am trying to do is help them. *sigh*. I wonder if that thicker skin will start to develop as I am there a little while...
The stress of yesterday, coupled with the sick one, and with some serious financial strain resulted in some off plan eating. I had a run-in with an ice cream bar (ok, 2) last night and I really regretted it - for about 2 minutes - Then I told myself "Suck it up, Buttercup! MOVE ON". That REALLY helped me feel back in total control today. I ate really well, I did one session of cardio and took a little walk, and I am thinking of doing some more stretching (maybe some yoga?) tonight. I feel like I am cleansing myself of my indiscretions, but don't start getting worried that I'm obsessing - perhaps borderline, but not quite over the line!
I feel better now that I was home a day and could take control of caring for Thing 1 (why, no, I'm not a control freak, WHAT would give you THAT idea??)Got some house work done and a really good workout. I have mentioned before that I DO NOT like Jillian Michaels. However, her Metabolism Booster cardio workout is hardcore, but she is actually supportive throughout - giving modifications for those just starting out. The last time I did the workout, I didn't finish it, but I did today and WOW what a burn. It was really great. Sweat, baby, sweat!
My heel is bothering me. I'm trying to ignore it. I'm doing the stretches and rubbing it out a lot. Sometimes it feels ok once I am on it, and sometimes...not so much. I still have to get fitted for shoes, but that's not happening until at LEAST this weekend... if not for another few weeks...
Well, that's my fairly boring update. I feel in charge, in control and strong. I'm going to get through this stress without taking it out on my body and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment