PROGRESS!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

HALLELUJAH!!!

YES! FINALLY! The scale HAS MOVED! And not just a little - 5 lbs. The 5 damn pounds I've been waiting for for 2 weeks. THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!


I KNEW I was doing things right. Counting every calorie, exercising every day - setting FIRE to my FAT cells! And finally, the scale has shown me my work. YESSSSS.....
213 this morning. Only a matter of time till I'm in ONEderland! ONEderland is what I feel like I have been striving for this whole journey... all 150 lbs so far. My goal is 180 (probably lower, but for now)180 accompanied with the 20 lbs of skin I have hanging off me taken off - brings me to about 160 - I mean, holy shit. I haven't been 160 since, like elementary school! AND if, I get to 160, I will have officially lost 205 lbs. That is a grown freakin' man, people!
Whew - ok. Now that that is out, down to business. I had a super amazing hardcore workout this morning at Bodyology/Tuff Girl Fitness in Hamden. I seriously work to my absolute max everytime I am there - I can't HELP it. I get to the point where I am on the verge of being dizzy, then I know to back off and I rest a minute. Then, I do it again.
Anyway, I needed to share the triumph. I almost had an unfortunate run in with Starbucks today. We went on a family trip to Target, and I told Thing 1 I would get him a milk treat when we got there. Well, his milk is at the Starbucks at target. I stood in line, and started getting that craving for a nice, warm mocha (it's really chilly here, today) and THEN I saw they had dark chocolate graham cracker cookies. I knew I couldn't handle it. I asked my hubby to stand in line with Thing 1 to get his milk, and I wheeled Thing 2 over to another isle. Crisis averted.
Now, would a tall non fat mocha have undone my day? No. HOWEVER, it's simple too slippery a slope for me. I have one, I want another and another...and on and on. The more quickly I realize there are some things I just cannot have, the better off I'm going to be.
Today, I made great choices to improve my health. Have you made good choices today? What have you done today to improve your health?

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the loss! And great job avoiding the cookies at Starbucks - those are definitely tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing loss! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great loss! You are SUCH an inspiration. Good job declining the 'Bucks, too...that's hard to do!

    ReplyDelete