PROGRESS!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

little update, frustrations...

The past few weeks have been going really well. I feel like I am on an up-swing. My exercise has been GREAT - 5-6 days a week of cardio or strength training or both. Eating, going really well. Everyday I consistently have a 1000 calorie deficit. Logic (and math) would tell you that if a 3500 calorie deficit equals 1 lb lost, and in 1 week, I have a 7000 calorie deficit (hang in there with me) that these numbers would equal a 2 lbs loss.
And yet, I have not budged.
Well, that's not true, I have oscillated within .6 lbs.
Ok... so I am trying to tell myself that I am doing all the right things. I am not only working out, but I am getting in my 10,000 steps per day - in addition! The food I am eating is balanced and I am eating when I am hungry and not when I am bored, etc. I am drinking TONS of water! So, what gives, body?
I know that continuing down this path is the only option. I will never go back. But, I am in a frustrating holding pattern here.
I have an appointment today with a plastic surgeon that specializes in patients who have lost large amounts of weight. I have been told my by doctor that I have at least 20 lbs of skin hanging around that could/should be removed. I'm nervous about this appointment for many reasons... None of which I want to go into now, but will update on later.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope that your appointment went well!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete