PROGRESS!

Friday, March 18, 2011

5K tomorrow

My 5K is tomorrow morning. I have a terrible chest cold. I have read on numerous sites now that running with a chest cold is a very, very bad idea. And yet, I must do it. I have to go. At this point, I don't care if I walk, I will go and I will move my body from the starting line to the finish line. I feel like tomorrow is my re-birth. My beginning from all the yuck going on lately. I'm going alone, since my littlest boy is quite sick, and can't be outside in the chill for that long. So, it's just me. I won't be seeing anyone on the sidelines cheering for me. I can only cheer for myself. And in reality, shouldn't we all be our own #1 fans? Our own cheerleaders? If I can't cheer myself on, how can I expect to meet and exceed goals?
I feel a little bi-polar. In one way, I need to be strong, cheer myself on and just DO IT (thanks Nike) but in another way I am scared. Scared because I am sick, because I am going to be alone, and because I guess, deep down, I still wonder if I can really do it.
So, I guess we'll see. Stay tuned for the play by play. The good, the bad, and the potentially ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment