PROGRESS!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trial and Error

I HATE trial and error. Mostly just the error part. I am someone who likes to be in control, to know what's coming next, and that is simply impossible with trial and error.
I am involved in a weight loss challenge at work. At first, I thought this would be no big deal - just continue on my normal plan... however, some kind of strange, self-sabotaging monster took over and I haven't been able to recover. I got off track, and getting back on has seemed overwhelming. Why, when this is a way of life and not a diet? Because I suddenly made it a "diet" so I could "lose weight quickly" for this challenge. Some thrive on dates, deadlines, and time related goals, and I think I have really come to the conclusion that it kills me. Similar to my 5K runs. Signing up for them seemed like a "goal". A way to countdown my progress, but instead it's making me anxious and overwhelmed. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here? Just because something works for others, does not mean it will work for you. So, I have to mentally get out of "challenge" mode, and return to the real world, where I was feeling good about my progress and all my hard work, instead of belittling my imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment