PROGRESS!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 2 and a little funny...

Day 2, 30 Day Challenge menu

1.5 cups plain chai tea
Meal 1: ½ cup oats, ½ cup blueberries, 2 egg whites, 2 tbs pb
34 oz water
34 oz water
Meal 2: spaghetti squash bake, 1 chicken sausage, banana
34 oz water – working on this now
Meal 3: hardboiled egg, ½ sweet potato– working on this now
Meal 4: 2 slices Ezekiel bread, 2 tbs pb, 2 sliced strawberries – IF I’m hungry on the way to class.
Meal 5: grilled chicken on salad with red peppers, cucumbers, carrots and good seasons dressing. – When I get home (after 8. *sigh*)
A little plain seltzer water – I love bubbly water.

Yesterdays menu was very similar, but I added a bit more protein today – super, super important.
Woke up with my typical Challenge headache. But, it’s actually ebbing a little today. Tylenol and black tea are very helpful. It’s my body rebelling against the lack of crap. I know I will feel SO good in a few days, so it helps me soldier through.
My children, however, are not so helpful at helping me do ANYTHING except lose my patience and my mind. I won’t go into great detail, but let’s just say it involved permanent marker – in lots of places it shouldn’t be this morning – all before 6:45 AM.
That is all. Grrrr….
My breakfast was the same today as yesterday, and today it held me SO much longer. Eating junk makes you crave more junk and it makes you even hungrier. Even the “day after” eating crappy, if you are eating well, you are still going to feel more hungry than normal.  Today, since yesterday was such a clean eating day, my body is thanking me today by using the food as FUEL.
Go figure, right?
I’m in some pretty big pain from my Sunday workout at Tuff Girl. My legs are killing me, which I don’t care about so much (good hurt, you know), but that little spot where I popped a stitch is VERY sore. I’m not sure if I should bother the doc about it… but I also don’t know where to go from here with my workouts. I really, really want to start sweating again! I felt SOOO good after the workout on Sunday, even though I had regressed. I need a plan that will work me back up to where I was, without hurting myself.
When I started Tuff Girl I didn’t know what a really hard workout was. So, it was a progression that was made naturally. Going back into good, hard work in a progressive manner now is TOUGH. Everyone just keeps saying “why don’t you just start out by going for walks?” but it’s so hard to tone things down so much. A walk is not a workout for me, dammit! I went for a walk on Saturday that turned into a run. And now, being in pain, I feel incapable of even doing THAT.
I’m frustrated. Can you tell? I feel like the 30 day challenge is partly wasted if I can’t get in some good workouts.
Any suggestions on a good, maybe 2 week progression from any of you fitness trainers out there, I would appreciate it. Just to reiterate – 5 weeks out of abdominal surgery and have just recently hurt myself working out. Yeah. I’m a gem. Regardless, right now, I just want my abdomen to stop hurting.
Well, it’s taken me all day to finish this, so I’m going to post. After work is a Health and Wellness Faire and I am displaying my research poster for class. Basically I will be standing there for 3 hours along with about 35 others from the class (all with posters) just in case someone passes by and wants to ask me a question about my research. I really just want to be in bed. LOL
 Peace, bloggers

1 comment:

  1. I need to try seltzer water some time. Girl - you're gonna kill me but I swear on all that is holy - BE CAREFUL. Your internal stitches on your muscle repair can pop too - even with just a really rough sneeze or fall. It'll come in time. Watch your diet for now and use the extra time for your family knowing later you'll take the time back for yourself when you are all healed.

    ReplyDelete