PROGRESS!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sunshine and Rainbows?

The Challenge moves forward.

Yesterdays food was tweaked a little: Just the food - all liquid was the same. Changes marked with **

B: 1 slice raisin ezekial toast, 2 tbs natural PB
S: 30grm dry roasted edamame
L: 1 cup curried lentils with 2 tbs nutritional yeast flakes, 2 cups chopped salad, 2 tbs good seasons dressing made with olive oil and vinegar
S: 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup frozen berries
BW (before workout): 1 banana - **1/2 banana**
D: 4 oz cod, baked with tomatoes and green olives, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti squash with salt, pepper, and chili powder - **3 oz cod, baked with chipotle rub (no oil), 1/2 cup sweet potato mash with onions and plain greek yogurt and 1/2 cup spaghetti squash**
So, similar, but I wanted to be totally accurate to keep accountable and to give others ideas if they want/need them.

Yesterday's calories were just over 1000 - not what I am going for. It's fine for a day, but I will not/can not maintain a low calorie level like this consistantly. I am striving for between 1300-1400. I could have had a snack last night, but I was so tired after my workout, I got home, ate dinner, got everything together for the kids/hubby/self for today, hot shower and crawled into bed. I didn't sleep till after 10, but I just needed to lay down and rest.

Today, I'm feeling extremely tired. Of course. My body is getting all the shit out and has to figure out how to work properly without all the substances in it. It's called withdrawl, people. And it blows. But it's a necessary evil. It WILL be worth it. I will push through it, and I will do my spinning class tonight. After that, I can pass right out (well, after prepping for tomorrow, of course), but I will get it done. Tomorrow will feel better.

Source
Last nights workout, The Cyclone, lived up to it's name. Loved it.

Source
I single-arm shoulder pressed 30 lbs each arm, and RD 90 lbs. My quads can take more for RD, but my grip strength needs some improving when it comes to using dumb-bells. Medicine ball slams, burpees (new # record for myself), climbers, more strength and more core. Sweaty, hot mess. Sweet.
Eats for today:

16 oz chai tea, black
23 oz water
B: Ezekial toast with 2 tbs natural PB
S: 30 gms roasted edamame, 1/2 banana
23 oz water
L: 1 cup spicy black bean soup, 2 oz plain, non fat greek yogurt, 1.5 cups chopped salad, 5 olives, sliced banana peppers (no dressing. I am out)
16 oz white tea
23 oz water
S: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 5 large strawberries
23 oz water
BW: 1/2 banana
DW/AW: 23 oz water
D: 3 oz chicken breast, baked with seasoned almond crust, hot sauce, 2 ounces greek yogurt, 1/2 baked sweet potato, 1 cup steamed broccoli with a little seasoning salt.
Cals 1162
Fat 29 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 3054 mg
Carbs 139 g
Fiber 35 g
Protein 87 g
Sugars 50 g
These stats don't include the almond crust on chicken. I didn't make it yet, therefor I haven't entered it yet. Will update.

So, looking at these stats, and taking into account I will be spinning for 55 minutes today, I will likely add a snack to the evening. Possibly some red peppers and hummus. I think that would be perfect. Will update all stats and menu tomorrow.

Source
 I don't have a lot more to say, because I am feeling so yuck. I don't want the way I feel now to deter anyone thinking of giving up eating crap for eating clean. PLEASE DO IT. You will NOT regret it. Give me another day or so and I will be back to sunshine and rainbows and shit. Promise.

I'm moving forward...

4 comments:

  1. Do you roast your own edamame? Or do you buy that in the store? I can't find any :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy them at a local health food/organic store. I can't remember the brand name, but they come in lightly salted and wasabi- which is super spicy. Maybe you can find them online?
      :-)

      Delete
  2. You rock! I hate the detox/withdrawal part too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there with you....and feeling a little poorly myself...

    ReplyDelete