PROGRESS!

Monday, August 8, 2011

My new commitment

I finally got my Turbofire in the mail. I am VERY excited to begin this program. I actually popped in the DVD last night to get an idea of what I was in for, because the only time I had for a workout or 5AM this morning.
Ugh. Really? At least the kids slept. But, I really, really hate working out in the morning. I feel like my body is just not ready to move effectively and I don't feel like I work as hard.

So, today was day 1 of Turbofire, and I am pretty impressed. I liked the workout. It is supposed to be 30 minutes, but if you opt for the "new to class" workout, it's great because they break down the moves, but it ends up being about 45 minutes then. I was working on a VERY tight schedule this morning, so I was unable to do the 10 min stretching segment. I will do that after I get home from rehearsal later.

The only thing, in looking over the program, I think I would miss, is any lifting. AS far as I can see (and I could be wrong) there is no weight lifting at all. So, I am going to add 1-2 days of lifting in as well.

So, my new commitment:
-I will do the Turbofire workouts as scheduled (6 days), plus 1-2 days of lifting segments per week.
-I will eat clean, homemade, nutritious foods. The junk (even on occasion) has to go. I can't handle it "in moderation". Maybe one day I will be able to, but not now. No sugar (except fruit), no artificial sweetener, no caffeine, cheese limited to 1 serving (1 oz or 1/4 cup shredded) per day. Lean meats, veggies, whole grains.
-I will drink water, water, water. At least 80 oz per day.
-I will journal/blog when I am feeling something I need to deal with, instead of seeking out my substance(sugar)to suppress it.

These are all things I have been working on all along, but I have gotten lax and, as I mentioned, I simply can't handle moderation. As soon as I have "a little" I need more. Something is triggered. My IFG tries to convince me I can have "just a little" but she knows I can't, and then she totally takes over and eats more and more... greedy little thing.

The hard thing about today is it really is like being in detox. I'm am totally scatter-brained, I have a raging headache and a raging attitude to go along with it. My hands are shaking a little... this is all by 9:00 already... I am drinking lots of water, taking some Tylenol, and working through it a minute at a time.

You can see what kind of toll the sugar and caffeine take on me. Even thought I feel terrible, I know this is a good thing for me. It's a difficult time to start this, because this weeks schedule is even crazier than normal - work all week, rehearsal Mon, Tues, performance Wed, rehearsal Friday, Saturday... need to find time in each of those days (even if it's 5am) to get the workouts in. oh, yeah.. and my kids. Prolly should find some time for them too, huh?

I am praying it is a quiet day and people leave me alone. I really don't want to release the wrath on any unsuspecting co-workers. That would be really bad.

I'm out. I'm sure I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment