PROGRESS!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Totally successful in destruction - save yourself

So, as promised, I gave Bob Harpers Beginners Weightloss Transformation a go last night.

As I had heard, this really doesn't feel like a beginners workout. I look back to when I started exercising with Leslie Sansones Walk at Home program... and if I had ever started with this, I would have turned it off 15 minutes in. By the last 15 minutes, I was grunting and groaning through planks, toe pushups, cross mountain climbers, jacks, high knees, plie squats... at that was just the LAST 15 minutes. At 40 minutes into this 45 minute workout, I was really looking for a cool-down and stretch. Just when I thought I was going to get it, we did 2 sets of tricep dips.

At this point, I was calling Bob names. Bad ones.

It was a great workout, I must say.

However, if you are really beginning, and especially if you are at a higher weight, I wouldn't start with this until you have built up some strength and stamina. I remember Leslie Sansone being challenging when I first started.

I love this workout - but it DESTROYED my heel. As you know, if you've been reading, my podiatrist took me off all high impact exercise. Now, I had never done this video before, so I figured that if there were any high impact moves, I could do the low-impact substitution... well, I should have known better. I didn't do that. My heel felt fine while I was working out, but in the middle of the night I tried to get to the boys room (Thing 1 had a nighmare, poor baby!!) and I couldn't walk. I had to wake up the hubs to go into him.

Yeah, when I go down, I go down hard.

This morning was hellish as I tried to stretch it out and get moving.

Lesson learned.

So, to sum up - video: good for intermediates, bad for beginners and plantar fasciitis.

So, today is a rest day from exercise.

Todays eating is totally on track. Funny though, this morning when I was limping around, getting myself and the boys ready for the day, I thought "boy, a Mocha would really make me feel better this morning"... "just one wouldn't hurt"

Huh?

Talk about self-destruction.

I'm sorry, I didn't know chocolate sauce, hot milk and coffee had magical healing properties.

Oh wait. It doesn't.

I had to laugh at myself. Old mind habits die hard.

I mixed up my Click protein shake and made my way out the door, heaving the boys with me.

It's gonna be a good day.

so - going through some self-destruction? Save Yourself! You know how - DO IT!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, great review on the video...it's realistic...If I had to do one review on p90x I would say "It hurts' lol. And nope, chocolate only tastes good...doesn't help your plantar fascitis...(which I had a bad case of at around 260 lbs.) It got better as I got smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must tell you this, and please understand it is said with respect and admiration.. Whenever I need a boost, I come here and look at the before picture and the Renaissance picture... Then I put the fork down.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allan, from you - I take that as an awesome compliment!
    Christine - LOL, I would say that about P90X as well!!

    ReplyDelete