PROGRESS!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 4 without power...

Still hangin’ out without power. I'm not a camper, so this is getting old.
Trying to stay positive. The power companies are working very hard, I know... blah. blah.


This is a map of CT - everyone in the black is 81%-100% out of power. This is as of yesterday - my town is actually purple now, with 78% loss.

My system is so screwed up. All these carbs are killing me, but what's killing me even more is not being able to feed my kids normal, nutritious meals. Thing 1's lunch today consists of Special K cracker crisps, a banana and a carton of organic milk. That's all. Thank goodness they provide snacks at school... breakfast for the baby was a crumbled up granola bar and 1/2 container of organic milk. He was, understandably, not happy. At least he'll get good food over Grandma's today.

Tonight, the in-laws are going to take the kids, feed them, give them nice warm baths, and put them in PJ's, bring them home (to the dark house) for bed. We have rehearsal tonight (after class), so in essence, I won't see my babies till tomorrow morning.

I missed my first class last night. I have 20 minutes to get to my 2nd class tonight from where I work. It takes me 10 minutes to walk to my car, so you can see how that's going to go. I still have not bought the required course materials because I haven't been able to shell out the $150 for them. I hope that I can get through class today without them.

My plan was, if we didn't have power by today, to move everyone over to my moms, where she DOES have power. She doesn't live that far from me. She's out of town and told us to come there. But get this: My schedule is so bad over the next few days, I don't have time to grab laundry and get the kids together to go there and stay. Ridiculous, I know.

I'm a little bit of a mess.

I'm following Allan's lead with following a bariatric diet. He and his peeps are starting with liquids, moving to mushies/soft foods, then finally to small portions of proteins and veggies (correct me if I'm wrong, Allan!). Now, I am post bariatric, and so reverting back to this plan is what some post-surgery people would call the "5 day pouch test". It's used to re-connect your body and brain to the size of your pouch. Now, it's hard enough to do this when you have a stomach the size of an orange (or smaller, depanding on how far out you are), but to do it without actually having surgery - well, I can't imagine having that kind of will.


So, I am going to do this, but frankly, I'm not starting it till I have power and a refrigerator to store all my liquids in. I know if it's not palatable (cold, fresh) I simply won't stick to it. So, as soon as that occurs I am on board. (look for my e-mail Allan!)

I think after this awful barrage of garbage in my system, it will feel really good to flush (no pun intended) all of it out.

I'm cranky, so I apologize. I prolly should have warned you first, so you could have ignored this entry.



4 comments:

  1. By the way, the picture on 8/21, versus morning of surgery picture. That should be the photos that the surgeon show.. OMG, AWESOME... Welcome to the FIESTA, AK style..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon and welcome to Allan's goodness. I've been with Allan since last October and left him for a bit but am back. I can't do this on my own yet and Allan excepted me back, with in a heart beat of a post I made. He is one great man and you will enjoy him. He's Allan and no one in the world is like him and that is why I love that man and will follow him just about anywhere's. Good luck with your journey. You look so awesome, I mean totally wickly awesome.
    I look forward to following you and learning. Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're safe, even though you're out of power - my family is on the shoreline, they were told to expect at least another 7-10 days without it! :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your power is restored by now! Geez! Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete