PROGRESS!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Business Plan, "It's not fair" and walking randomness

It's been just a little slower at work than normal, so today I decided to work on my business plan. Some of you may remember way back when I started this blog that is was not only about weight loss and fitness, but about my changing careers. I am in school to become a Registered Dietitian. What am I going to do with that, you might ask? Well, I am pursuing my dream of opening a weight loss and wellness center. So, I am working on my mission statement today.

Mission statements are HARD to write. The language has to be dynamic, and everything has to be concise. One thing I am stuck on is it's asking me to make a statement about the companies growth and potential - hm, since I don't have a business yet, how can I make this statement? I'm sure it some kind of business savvy, mathematics based equation, but hell if I know it! Any business people reading this wanna help a girl out? ;-)

As I was walking at lunchtime today, I listened to a lot of pieces of conversations. It gave me pause that I heard quite a few people talking about "running this morning", or some kind of gym activity. These people looked fit. Well, you might be thinking "duh", but it occurs to me that people who are fit are, most of the time, really working on it. I remember long ago thinking
"It's NOT FAIR! Some people can just eat whatever they want and not exercise and they are skinny!" (pout, pout).
But I think the truth is, in this day and age, in order to achieve and maintain a healthy weight, people really do need to eat right and exercise. If you don't, well, your body will show it. I know for SURE that your health will show it.

I did not weigh myself this morning, and I don't plan on it till Friday morning. I was thinking about my goal, and I acknowledge to myself that it's a little lofty. I mean, we are talking about approx 4 lbs in the next 10 days - doing everything the right way (not with some crazy juice/fast/cleanse nonsense). I am exercising, I am counting every calorie, weighing and measuring everything, logging everything. I am drinking all my water.

As I was walking in from my car this morning (it was a GORGEOUS morning, by the way, and taking the 15 walk from the parking lot and a walk at lunch helps keep me active during the day) I was visualizing what it will feel like to see that number on the scale. The number that has anything EXCEPT a 2- in front of it.

I will see 199

How will it feel?

Overwhelming and explosive.

I know, that sounds funny. But as I was thinking about it, I felt that pride just bursting in my chest. Exploding. Tears actually started to well up a little as I thought about it. I would call for the hubs so he could see the glory. All that I have worked for, coming to fruition.

It will fuel me to keep going.

I am SO close.

Then I stopped - what will I do, if on 7/6 I DON'T see this "magic" number.

Well, I would be lying if I said I would be totally ok. There WILL be disappointment. HOWEVER, I KNOW I likely be at the lowest weight I have seen in my adult life, and THAT will still be something. I also know that if I don't see it on 7/6, I will see it VERY soon after.

So, what kind of randomness do YOU think about during the day? While you are walking?

Soldier on, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. I once thought about what it would be like to live in a terrarium. And also what my job would be on the USS Enterprise. And also cheesecake. But then I try to think about that last thing as little as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, I think we need to be best friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will make your goals. Just do everything you know to do. Remember the scale does not tell the whole story!!

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete