PROGRESS!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The only thing constant...

That's right, my friends. The only thing constant is change.

Today I will take Thing 1 to kindergarten orientation. I can't believe this little stinker is going to be going into kindergarten in the fall. I am floored.

He knows we are going to check out the new digs today, and he is excited and a little nervous. All morning, he kept saying to me "but, you aren't going to leave me there, are you?"... I reassure him. I tell him some of his class-room friends will be going as well. He gets excited, but remains a little worried.

He's not one for change.

But, he will be ok. He is resiliant, intelligent, kind, sweet, friendly and outgoing. He is going to be a star where ever he goes.

I, however, will be a mess. lol. But, that's what Mama's do, right?

So, my workout the other night with Bob was great. Insane, but great. One thing I love about that DVD is that the people exercising with him are sweating, and falling down, and having a HELL of a time. So, it makes me feel better that I am doing the same thing.

Last night I tried out a new (well, tried 2, actually) On-Demand workout. I started one, and the camera pans to a super buff, muscle bound guy. Well, this guy did more talking than moving. And his "challenging moves" consisted of a toe touch to a jumping jack - rest - repeat.

Um, this was not working for me.

So, I changed it to another workout - a "60 minute, total body transformation"

Well, it was 60 minutes. It was not hardcore. I felt like it could be a good option for a lower-energy day. But at least he MOVED and didn't TALK so much! Good work with the weight, and the cardio was ok. One I will probably do again at some point.

Eating was ok. Good choices, but a little higher in calories than I would have liked. It may have something to do with the fact that I am upping my exercise again, and so I am hungrier, but I dunno. I have to be so careful about the head hunger, and really make sure it's my BODY that is hungry.

I am working on the idea mentioned previously of making food like my workouts. Just keep going until you hear the beep. The beep being bedtime! lol. I know, this probably sonds crazy, but it's working, I think.

The next few day I have off of work (insert Hallelujah Chorus HERE) and so I will have to be even more diligent about my food, but I know I will get in a lot more exercise. It will be SO nice, after such an awful week last week, to have a little break.

Oh, but don't worry! I'll be here too!

6 comments:

  1. I hope kindergarden orientation went okay!! Time sure does fly, doesn't it? I mentioned to the kids that they were going to school soon (pre-school in the fall) and my son declared he doesn't like school. Should be interesting trying to get him ready for this!!

    I've tried those on-demand work outs as well...some of them are just ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The on-demand workouts are great, because you can constantly change things up. I like doing something new, so I don't know what I am in for and I can't psych myself out! LOL
      The orientation went great... he did well, I'm the one freaking!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog. It is very inspirational. I also find I get hungrier when i have been exercising more, but it really is the good choices that matter. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - especially on a day of a super intense workout. If I end up 100-200 cals more on that day, I don't sweat it! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Never tried the on-demand workouts....Sounds like your fitness level is up!! Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete