PROGRESS!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Thanks for the few comments yesterday on the "ups and downs" we all go through. It makes me feel better that not EVERYONE is reading my blog and thinking "too bad this chic can't get it together!" LOL

I've been incredibly busy at work (um, on that note - is it a full moon? Because all of the CRAZIES are out! DAMN!) and only have a moment to update.

So, last night, I did 30 minutes of all upper body. Dumbells and body weight exercises. Felt like jello after - so, it was good! My little Thing 1 decided he was going to "lift" with me. He grabbed these little 4 lbs, soft (sand filled) weights and proceeded to exercise right along side me. He was incredibly adorable and he is really atatched to "his" weights. But, I get a little worried. Ok, call me the neurotic mama, but I am worried about him. I KNOW little guys are not supposed to "lift weights", however, they are quite light - of course, they are light to ME - but probably not to him? Well, in my worry, I e-mailed my trainer to get her take. I don't want to discourage him, and he was having SO much fun working out with me! So, we will see what she says.

No workout for me tonight. Striving for 10,000 steps per day at least on off exercise days. My calf is still bothering me, so I'm resting it tonight in anticipation of my workout tomorrow.

Eats today: (this is going to get boring, like maybe you have seen it before!!)
click and soy (1/2 cup)
B: morningstar sausage (2) PB (1 tbs)
L: 4 oz ground chicken breast (seasoned) 1 oz cabot cheese, 1 mission high fiber tortilla
S: 1 snack bag (160 cals) mini pretzels. - in a sea of crappy choices, this was the best
D: salad, 1/2 sweet potato and 1.5 oz cabot cheese

Last nights dinner was a nice salad my hubs put together for me. Afterwards I had my go-to delish snack of a granny smith apple, chopped and nuked in the microwave for about 1 minute, and 1 tbs PB. So. Good. I ended right around the 1350 mark.

Today's total as of this moment - 1277. Great number. Can't guarantee I won't have a small snack before
bed, but I have a little leeway, so...we will see.

Tomorrows calories will be higher, because I have an intense workout. Last Wednesday was a real toughy, and I think part of the problem was my lack of fuel before hand. I will not make that mistake again. I have 1 small banana and 1 tbs of PB at the ready to have on the way to the studio.

Alright, I think I have babbled on enough. I hope you all out there are feeling good and strong. Let me hear you - how is your journey going???

2 comments:

  1. The story of your little man is super cute! I am interested in what your trainer says. I say as long as he is having fun and they are light, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work!! You are making stuff happen!! Stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete