PROGRESS!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday - again...

Seriously- the title. I can't think of anything creative what-so-ever.

So, I think I might be one of those bloggers that people get annoyed with - reading all the ups and downs.
Well, I guess it is what it is. I am imperfect. I do not have a firm hold on my recovery, or anything else for that matter. I would hope that what I put out here would not cause any distress. It's my story. My life. My being. Normally I would let this eat away inside me. And I have been... but I cannot allow it. I cannot let others opinion of me derail the shreds of recovery I have. I must keep moving forward. I must keep planning, moving forward, and keep trying.

Because I will never, ever give up. EVER.

Anyway, moving on from that (if you are still here - are you still here?)

Eating has been great. My husband seems very, very on board with our "pact" and we are in this together. Before, he really wasn't interested in really eating clean (and no, we are not squeeky clean!) but he really seems like he has turned a corner on it.

When we talked, he admitted that he felt left behind with the eating well/exercising/weight loss stuff. I have been feeling that from him for a while, and I was letting it drag me down. Now, this is NOT his fault - only my own! I certainly used it as an excuse. Because, with a disease so cunning and powerful, excuses are my bread-and-butter (um, no pun intended)

Eats for today:
click and 1/2 cup soy*
B: 2 morningstar sausages and 1 tbs natural PB*
L: 4 oz ground turkey breast, seasoned, 1 oz cabot 75% red. fat cheese *, salsa, 1/2 sweet potato
1 small banana
D: Likely a salad - everything measured and weighed.

* the little stars indicate where I am making a conserted effort to cut down on portion size a little on the normal foods I am eating. So, 1/2 cup soy instead of a cup - cuts 40 calories, 1 tbs PB instead of 2 - cuts 100 calories, 1 oz cheese instead of 2 - cuts 60 cals. So, I have cut 200 calories so far today, without missing much at all.

So far today, I am at 765 calories consumed - 500 left. Sweet. That should totally cover my salad, and maybe an apple later.

This weekend for workouts have been good. Saturday, of course, was Tuff Girl. Loved it. Lifted heavy things. Was bad-ass.

Last night I started 3 different workout videos and I just was NOT into it. So, I left for a walk. Which turned into a run. Which was great, except that on my last hill, I pulled a calf muscle. On top of which, I really aggrivated my ankle (opposite leg, lucky me) so I had to wrap it this morning. The ankle feels *ok*. The calf does not. Resting it tonight and doing some upper body/core work. No excuses!

Thanks for reading, peeps! Soldier on!!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how slicing off those calories here and there do add up? Keep on going, I'm reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think the 'ups' and the 'downs' are what make me not feel as alone... I have many ups and downs, knowing I am not alone, makes me feel a little better. Also shows me that once you are down, you can always get back up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely appreciate you sharing the ups and downs - this is life, it isn't always perfect! You and your struggles are real, and as a reader, I really love that. It helps me see that I'm not the only one who struggles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Monday was verrry bad. Hange in there!

    ReplyDelete