PROGRESS!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Injury

Last night I had an awesome workout over at Tuff Girl. I was nursing my very sore calf, so I was modifying a lot of my cardio. I couldn't do jacks, burpees, or any running. SO, I had to default to the only cardio that didn't hurt - gliding mountain climbers. Otherwise known as "My Nemesis". Seriously, I hate these things with a passion, they suck and are SUPER hard, but I was not going to slack on this workout. I modified other things (like running ladders by jumping them on my left leg.

I deadlifted 145 lbs. Yes. I felt like a bad-ass.

Until the middle of the night when I woke up with my wrist in terrible pain.

Now, I don't know for sure if this pain was caused by my workout. I did NOT feel anything when I was working out or in the evening. But it sure does hurt now, and I can't think of another explaination.
I can move it, but with a lot of pain. Luckily, my hubby has a wrist brace from when he was dealing with carpel-tunnel. I am using that and tylenol right now. However, so that I can know what's up for sure, I am going to a local orthoepedics walk-in. It's actually pretty awesome. They only do ortho, on an urgent, walk-in basis. And it's in my town, close to home.

More time off of work. It's inevitable that when I take some time off (last week) that right after, something occurs (ususally sick kids, knock on wood) that causes me to take more. Blech.

It continues to astound me that when something is out of wack, my instinct is to reach for food for comfort. I was making my protein shake this morning, and I thought - "oh, I'll just treat myself and use all soy milk"... I caught myself. How is that going to make my wrist feel better? Hm, yeah, it's NOT. I'm glad I caught it, and I have noticed it a few times through the day. *sigh* the life of an addict...

Well, I'm off the to doctor now. A few nurses I work with are urging me to go - could be a colles fracture, which is a fracture of the small bons of the hand/wrist. Grand. Will update later.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your wrist!! Hopefully it's nothing too serious!

    Yup, at any signs of trouble my first instinct is to shovel food in my mouth. It used to be to smoke cigarettes and I don't even think about those things anymore. Hopefully, we will get to be the same way with food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! I hate injuries! I hope it is not serious. Take care of yourself!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete