PROGRESS!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Growing up, butterflies

August. Damn. I can't believe it.

In the coming weeks you will hear me (read me) start to talk (write) about my older son. Thing 1, as I have mentioned before, will be going into Kindergarten at the end of this month.

At the end of this. month.

Wow, my blood pressure increases whenever I think about it. Seriously. I am so nervous. I know this happens all the time. I just can't help it. I don't want to let go of my baby. I don't want him to grow up yet.

I know I must. *heavy sigh*

It's going to get worse as the month progresses. Don't say I didn't warn you.

But, right now there is nothing incredibly exciting going on in my life. I am reading some blogs written by people who are going through tough times. I'm praying for them, and anyone else going through hardship...

This afternoon is my beloved Tuff Girl (Bodyology) workout. This one is called The Avenger. I remember it well, and I am excited. Heavy lifting, intense cardio. The works. I always get nervous, even after all this time, in the time leading up to the workout. I know what I am in for, and it releases the butterflies in my stomach. Some of it is still worry, (Will I be able to do it? Am I strong enough?Will someone want me for their team?) and some of it is just anticipation for the intense energy that flies around the place when strong people get together, encourage each other and work to maximum capacity - plus.

Eats for today:
1 scoop Click, 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond milk, water, ice
B: pumpkin oatmeal
L: 1 cup 2 bean chili (homemade- came out good! Spicy!)
S: 1 oz almonds
S: banana (right before workout)
D: I honestly have no idea. I will likely default to a big salad, chick peas, some low fat cheese.... it's already sounding like a winner.

Calorie wise it has been incredibly tough to stay in the low 1200's, so I am resigning myself to between 1300-1350 a day. If I have a day where I run a little low, awesome, but I can't beat myself up for 100 calories. Maybe 1300 is just my calorie "sweet spot" I have heard others tell tail of. Regardless, 1300/1350 is still eating in a deficit, and that's what matters. Add some exercise, and my deficit is even bigger. Yea me!

Alright, I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment