PROGRESS!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday already?

Wow, it has been a whirwind of activity for the past few days.

I posted on Saturday briefly to update and say I was binge free, eating clean and workout out, and that I was going to stay that way.

I am very happy to report that is STILL the case, even through:  kitchen redo, (which left me no place to cook anything, and no place to really prepare food effectively till last night. More on that in a minute), weird itchy rash all over my arm, my face breaking out like the devil, mysterious period that should be here and still is not, Thing 2 with a fever spiking virus, and Thing 1 with his big-boy-I-can't-freaking-believe-you-are-this-grown-up first day of kindergarten today. Yes. All of these things have happened in the last 4 days, and I am STILL getting in my workouts and eating on plan, 100% of the time.

Yes. I rock a little. Or a lot, which ever...

So, how did I do this without a kitchen? Lots of fresh foods that didn't need cooking (raw veggies, beans and fruits = delish salads), preparing ahead of time with food made (thank goodness for microwaves), and above all, not compromising my goals. Yes, it would have been very easy to say "Screw it", especially coming off a few days last week that were awful. I could have extended that crappy food-palooza all through the weekend. It could still be going on now! But I had to put my foot down. I did, and I couldn't budge on that. And I am so glad. It's worth it. I know it's worth it.



This week I have the privilege of attending not one, not two, but THREE Bodyology/Tuff Girl workouts. I cannot tell you how stoked I am about this. I wish I could do this all the time. It's not just the financial aspect, but a scheduling aspect. But this week, since I took Monday off as a family day, I started the day right with a good sweat. Saturday was a lot of upper body, Monday was tabata with a lot of legs, and TODAY is a new workout. SO. EXCITED. I will report back, but it's called The Annihilator. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Nice.

I was off Tuesday because of the miriad of reasons listed above and it was tough to come back to th office after being off and having time to workout, get house stuff done, be with the kids, spend time with hubby. Even though the reasons were a little stressful, I would take that time anyday!

I can't wait to see how Thing 1 did at school today. Leaving him this morning was much more stressful for me than him, as predicted. He did SO WELL. I was incredibly impressed with him. I was great till I got in the car and then I cried. But only a little. He is such an awesome kid, and he is going to do great. Of course, I took pictures which blogger will not let me post at this time. Later, I promise.

Eats for today:
Click - 1 scoop, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, water, ice
L: banana blueberry oatmeal - an awesome little creation I made in the microwave. Quite good if I do say so myself
S: Click - 1 scoop, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, water, ice (yes, I needed a 2nd dose today)
L: 4 ounces ground chicken breast with spices, 2 oz cabot 75% red fat cheese, 1 high fiber tortilla
S: peach, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
D: Salad - tons of veggies, maybe 1/2 cup chick peas thrown it. So good.

So, I'm here. I'm rocking it, and I continue to be inspired by many of you out there. Keep moving forward!


4 comments:

  1. I second that you rock a lot!! Such a great job staying on plan through the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yes - it is very clear - you rock A LOT.

    ReplyDelete