PROGRESS!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah...

Oh Elton, I love ya.

I wanted to mention I am feeling my upper body workout from yesterday. I have mentioned the "gym fear" before. The issue is not really knowing my way around all of the equipment. I find the free weights, which I am more accustomed to, are usually overrun with muscley men, and while they are lovely to look at, I don't want to squeeze in around them to work with the weights. I know, something else to get over. Another time.

So, while I was doing my first 20 minute run, I checked out the area. Right near the cardio equipment was a small "Express Fitness Circuit". One of those circles of strength machines that you move around in 30 second intervals. Well, I'm not so into the interval thing with the machines - I would rather count reps/sets - and seeing as there was no one using the "express circuit" I decide to use this cluster of machines to my advantage.

I went through them, using all the upper body, back and ab machines (only 1 ab machine). I played with different weights, and ended up going higher than I thought I would. I was proud of 100 lbs for the lat pulldown, 3 sets of 10. It's good indicator of pullup strength - I can do pull ups at Bodyology with 3 bands... and next time I go, I am going to try it with 2.

One day, I WILL do pull ups without assists.

I want to try the pull up assist machine at the gym... on the "to do" list.

I think this strategy helped me begin to get out of the "gym fear"... will continue to go back and poke around more machines.

So, chest, lats, triceps, biceps, upper back all feel nice and sore. Tonight will be "squat till you drop" so my legs feel the same way tomorrow. More ab/core/balance work as well.

Here are my stats so far today. I don't like only having 345 calories left for the whole night, but I think a big salad, some protein, no more starchy carbs and a good workout, and it will be all good.

Cals 861
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 1728 mg
Carbs 125 g
Fiber 23 g
Protein 55 g
Sugars 28 g

45 more minutes of work, and then going to pick up my boys. Can't wait. I know I did a lot of complaining yesterday, and I apoligize. I am so blessed with my friends and family, especially my crazy boys. I will keep telling myself that always...

2 comments:

  1. New follower just wanted to say hi... My PT did lower body on we'd with me it hurts to move. But it's a great feeling huh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that after-ache! I know I put in good effort and I'm progressing! Hooray us! :-) Thanks for following, Michelle!

      Delete